Feb 13, 2015

Summer Celebrations

Wow, what a wonderful week my man and I have just had. Thankfully the weather played its part with lots of sun and heat.
First, we had a dinner and party out on our deck with family and special friends to celebrate my DB's big birthday - one of those with a naught on the end. With thirty six hungry people to feed I spent a lot of time in the weeks leading up to this preparing food. Anyone who knows me will understand I actually enjoyed doing this, but I admit that if not for my daughter and one of my closest friends helping for the final push I'd have gone mad. Then there was the breakfast for fifteen extras (with bubbles) the next morning as we had people everywhere: staying in our house, the neighbour's sleepout, and two couples camping in another neighbour's paddock.
We had a fabulous time over the whole weekend. The food kept coming, the wine and beer kept flowing, the music had most of us dancing until the wee hours, and no one stopped talking for ever.

Two days later we went to a wedding anniversary lunch with friends who'd been at our party. Again the bubbles flowed as we sat in the sun on a deck overlooking the water at a bay twenty minutes along the road from our place. Oh, and there was truckloads of food, talk and laughter.

Seems there's a theme here.

But wait there's more. Two days after the lunch we drove into Blenheim and a vineyard to celebrate a fortieth birthday with the man whose wedding anniversary it had been. You got it. More wine and food. And sunshine and laughter and talk. You'd think we'd have run out of things to talk about by now, but no; seems that's impossible, even though by now the group was down to a few. Spot the youngest of our group. She makes her dad feel even older than his forty years at times.




 


There is something so special about spending time with close family and special friends. I feel rejuvenated and ready for the rest of the year. How do you like to spend time with your family and friends?

7 comments:

  1. Sue

    What a fantastic time you have had and that is exactly how I like to spend time with family and friends eating drinking talking and laughing the best way to doit :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having oodles of fun, Sue. :-) I love those big gatherings where everyone eats, drinks, talks and laughs...for hours and hours. In my family it's usually a huge BBQ...and a nearby pool for jumping in and cooling off between all of the eating in talking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they wonderful times, Michelle? Even our wee man, 2 year old grandson, had a great time.

      Delete
  3. Sue, what a packed week of fabulous celebrations you've had! I adore get togethers like this and then I enjoy a little cave-time with a good book! ;)

    ReplyDelete